Friday, April 30, 2010

Swarm Removal

After working through the 3 vents, I was able to persuaded the colony to move out. Before I could get my vacuum equipment up the stairs and set up, the swarm flew. It was good to get paid for the job, but I would have liked to captured the bees. The homeowner will stay alert for their return.
I received a call from the homeowner on Thurs., early afternoon telling me a swarm of honey bees had moved into the open vent opening to the left of the gutter drain pipe. I arrived on the scene Friday morning. The vent cover had dropped out after the painters had left the job. I had access to 2 vents through the bathroom window which was 3 stories from ground level. The vent to the right of the corner was above the roof of the car port.

No comments:

Post a Comment